Welcome back! I cant believe how long it's been since I posted a blog. I promise I'll try to be more regular in my posting moving forward! It has been a crazy year and a half since my last post. It really doesn't seem that long, but time sure does fly.
I'll get into a variety of company related announcements and updates in another post soon. But for now, since it's a lovely fall Friday, lets jump right back into our "Getting to Know Us" series.
Last time we did this, we learned about one of our managers, the country music loving, general badass, Derrik Fiasco. It's worth the read, if you have time. This week, we are going to talk about another one of our managers, DJ Slagle!
DJ Slagle is currently our Lead Field Supervisor and has been in this role since 2015. Basically, DJ is our "right hand man" in the operations department and makes sure all the crews are completing their daily tasks properly. From running around to get supplies and materials for the crews, to conducting interviews for new employees, to jumping in to help crews get their jobs done, DJ does it all. We have known DJ for a while prior to his employment with Stockman Lawnscape. Not only did he attend the same high school as us, but he is also a fellow Penn State Alumni. DJ has known what he's wanted to do for a long time and graduated from Penn State with a degree in Landscape Contracting. The knowledge and experience he brings to Stockman Lawnscape from those college classes, as well as his previous job with a large national landscaping company, are invaluable to us.
Lately, DJ has been getting his toes wet on the sales side of the company, as well. Closing on snow removal contracts and managing properties are now tasks we can add to his growing list of skills. With DJ, you know what you're getting; a loyal member of our family and someone that will give you everything he has each day. Once you get DJ to open up a bit, the guy is hilarious and awesome to be around. Always striving to be better than the day prior is one of the many characteristics that has DJ on an upward trajectory within our industry. We're proud to have him on our team and hope that you get a chance to talk to him when he's out and about!
We had DJ fill out his "Getting to Know You" form so that we could all learn a little more about him. His answers describe him perfectly and will give you an idea of what kind of guy he is. We hope you enjoy getting to know our Lead Field Supervisor, DJ Slagle!
GETTING TO KNOW YOU!
1. What time did you get up this morning?____________6:15 AM_______________________
2. What is your favorite T.V. show?__________________THE BLACKLIST_________________
3. What do you usually have for breakfast?___USUALLY A BOTTLE OF CHOCOLATE MILK__
4. What is your middle name?______________________JAMES________________________
5. Favorite food?___________________MEATBALLS_________________________________
6. What foods do you dislike?_________ALL FRUITS AND VEGGIES____________________
7. What is your favorite song at the moment?__________MY FRIENDS AND I - GRiZ_______
8. What kind of car do you drive?________RAM 1500________________________________
9. What characteristic do you most dislike in others?__BOASTING ARROGANTLY_________
10. Favorite item of clothing?____GYM SHORTS____________________________________
11. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? __GREECE___
12. Favorite sport to watch?________________HOCKEY_____________________________
13. Most embarrassing moment?___FALLING WHEN ON CRUTCHES IN HIGH SCHOOL____
14. Proudest moment?___BEING THE FIRST PERSON ON DAD'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY TO GRADUATE WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE_______________________________________
15. Goal you have for yourself?__LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY THAT IS USEFUL__
16. How do you like to celebrate your birthday?_____STAYING IN WITH FRIENDS________
17. Are you a morning person or a night person?_____NIGHT_________________________
18. Any Pets?_________NO BUT I WANT A PUPPY!_________________________________
19. What is your hobby?______BOWLING AND PHOTOGRAPHY_______________________
20. What is your favorite candy?_______JUNIOR MINTS_____________________________
21. What is your favorite restaurant?_____TEXAS ROADHOUSE_______________________
22. What is your favorite drink?________CHOCOLATE MILK__________________________
23. What’s your favorite travel destination?______DENVER AND SEATTLE______________
24. What characteristics do you admire in others?___THE ABILITY TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE FEEL WELCOME______________________________________________________________
25. What always makes you laugh?__DAD'S JOKES__________________________________
26. What is something no one here knows about you?__I HAD 7 FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION SURGERIES AS A KID__________________________________________________________
27. How do you describe what you do for a living to your friends? ____I CUT GRASS, INSTALL PLANTS, AND MULCH ON A LARGER SCALE THAN A NORMAL HOUSE_________________
28. Most important quality in a friend?_______TRUSTWORTHINESS____________________
29. All-time favorite movie?_____REMEMBER THE TITANS AND FIELD OF DREAMS_______
We'd like to thank DJ for participating. We hope you enjoyed getting to know him and encourage you to have a chat with him if you see him out and about! In a week or two, we will introduce you to another member of the team.
I'll be back next week to go over the state of our company. Enjoy your weekend with family and friends!
Don't let the days slip away, enjoy the moment.
- Nathan Stockman